Bacon & Bernal Best in Non-Wing Power Rankings
The Wheatley Chronicles – Volume III, No. 31
Lonnie Wheatley, TULSA, Okla. (April 15, 2015) – Brady Bacon and Ryan Bernal both hold down number one rankings with Bacon best in the Infinity Shocks Non-Wing 410 Sprint Car Power Rankings and Bernal tops in the Beaver Stripes Non-Wing 360 Sprint Car Power Rankings.
(Photo courtesy of TeeJay Crawford)
Infinity Shocks Non-Wing 410 Sprint Car Power Rankings – Top 20 (Through April 12):
After picking off his third win of the year in weekly action at Lawrenceburg Speedway this past weekend, Brady Bacon holds a six point advantage over Robert Ballou in Infinity Shocks Non-Wing 410 Power Rankings entering this weekend’s USAC double at Bloomington and Haubstadt.
Ballou, who topped last year’s Non-Wing 410 Power Rankings, has matched Bacon in the win column at three thus far.
Another eight points back in third is Dave Darland with Racin’ Fest winner Chase Stockon and Kevin Thomas, Jr., rounding out the current top five.
Justin Grant has cracked the top ten while Logan Jarrett made the jump into the top 20 after posting his first USAC win at Lawrenceburg on April 4. Also cracking the top 20 this week is Casey Shuman after a runner-up Racin’ Fest finish at Lincoln Park Speedway.
Rank – Name, Hometown (Wins) – Points (+/- previous ranking)
- Brady Bacon, Broken Arrow OK (3) 127
- Robert Ballou, Rocklin CA (3) 121 (+2)
- Dave Darland, Lincoln IN (1) 113 (-1)
- Chase Stockon, Sullivan IN (1) 112 (+1)
- Kevin Thomas, Jr., Cullman AL (1) 100 (-2)
- C.J. Leary, Greenfield IN (1) 81 (+2)
- Jon Stanbrough, Avon IN 69 (-1)
- Justin Grant, Ione CA 53 (+3)
- Damion Gardner, Concord CA (1) 48 (-2)
- Chris Windom, Canton IL 44 (-1)
- Mike Spencer, Temecula CA 41 (-1)
- Kyle Cummins, Princeton IN 36 (+1)
- Chad Boespflug, Hanford CA 36 (+2)
- Matt Mitchell, Yorba Linda CA 33 (-2)
- Joshua Hodges, Tijeras NM (1) 29 (+5)
- Tracy Hines, New Castle IN 28
- Brady Short, Bedford IN 27 (-3)
- Logan Jarrett, Kokomo IN (1) 25 (NR)
- Casey Shuman, Tempe AZ 21 (+16)
- Jake Swanson, Anaheim CA 21 (+3)
On the Rise (Breaking into the Top 20): Logan Jarrett, Casey Shuman.
Falling Down (Out of the Top 20): Richard Vander Weerd, Austin Williams.
Features Completed: 16
Number of Different Winners: 12
Number of Drivers to Earn Points: 61
Infinity Shocks is dedicated to meeting your shock needs for all variety of Sprint Car, Midget and Micro Sprint racing. Keep track of Infinity Shocks via the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/infinity.shocks.
Beaver Stripes Non-Wing 360 Sprint Car Power Rankings – Top 20 (Through April 12):
Ryan Bernal just keeps rolling along, racking up his fifth win of the year in USAC West Coast action at Bakersfield on April 4 to maintain his lead in Beaver Stripes Non-Wing 360 Sprint Car Power Rankings.
With his fifth score of the year, Bernal holds a 31-point lead over Danny Faria, Jr., despite missing the most recent West Coast race while two-time and reigning Beaver Stripes Non-Wing 360 champ R.J. Johnson makes the move up to third after making it two USAC Southwest wins in a row with a Cocopah score on Saturday.
Jace Vander Weerd jumped four spots to fourth with a runner-up finish at Bakersfield while Stevie Sussex rounds out the current top five.
Richard Vander Weerd broke into the top ten after Saturday’s USAC West Coast win at Santa Maria while those breaking into the top 20 include Saturday’s Ventura winner Greg Taylor, 2014 Western World champ Matt Rossi, Jake Swanson and Guy Woodward.
Rank – Name, Hometown (Wins) – Points (+/- previous ranking)
- Ryan Bernal, Hollister CA (5) 105
- Danny Faria, Jr., Tipton CA 74
- R.J. Johnson, Phoenix AZ (2) 58 (+1)
- Jace Vander Weerd, Visalia CA 49 (+4)
- Stevie Sussex, Tempe AZ (1) 45 (-2)
- Colby Copeland, Roseville CA 41 (-1)
- Richard Vander Weerd, Visalia CA (1) 40 (+5)
- D.J. Johnson, Stockton CA 39 (+1)
- Charles Davis, Jr. Buckeye AZ 35 (-2)
- Bud Kaeding, Campbell CA (1) 33 (-4)
- Landon Hurst, Riverdale CA 33
- Troy Rutherford, Ojai CA (1) 28 (+6)
- Trey Marcham, Newcastle OK 28 (+4)
- Greg Taylor, Ojai CA (1) 27 (+9)
- Dave Darland, Lincoln IN 25 (-5)
- Matt Rossi, Peoria AZ 25 (+5)
- Jake Swanson, Anaheim CA 23 (+9)
- (tie) Brady Bacon, Broken Arrow OK (1) 22 (-5)
- (tie) Kyle Smith, Moorpark CA (1) 22 (-2)
- Guy Woodward, Santa Clarita CA 21 (+4)
On the Rise (Breaking into the Top 20): Greg Taylor, Matt Rossi, Jake Swanson, Guy Woodward.
Falling Down (Out of the Top 20): Josh Pelkey, Austin Liggett, Matt Mitchell, Hunter Schuerenberg.
Features Completed: 15
Number of Different Winners: 10
Number of Drivers to Earn Points: 47
Title sponsor of the Non-Wing 360 Sprint Car Power Rankings, Beaver Stripes Custom Graphics and Molding Supply is an Arizona supplier of automotive graphics, moldings and custom accessories. In business for more than 30 years, Beaver Stripes is actively involved in keeping the local racing action alive in the Phoenix and Arizona area with a strong interest in local car clubs, car shows and other vehicle related activity involving the community.
A sponsor of Canyon Speedway Park and Arizona Speedway, Beaver Stripes is located at 2389 W. McDowell Road in Phoenix for all your graphics needs and may be contacted at 602-289-8000 or 800-257-7835. More information is available at www.beaverstripes.com.
The Infinity Shocks Non-Wing 410 Power Rankings and Beaver Stripes Non-Wing 360 Power Rankings are a part of the Open Wheel Power Rankings that also includes STIDA Winged 410s, Rod End Supply Winged 360s, www.midgetmadness.com Midgets and 305s presented by Dodge City Raceway Park. Title sponsorship is still available for the 305 Power Rankings.
A part of the recurring “The Wheatley Chronicles” series of articles on www.sprintcarmania.com, the Open Wheel Power Rankings are determined by cumulative points based on a sliding scale dependent upon car count at Sprint Car and Midget events across all sanctions and non-sanctions throughout North America.
The Wheatley Chronicles brings insight and highlights from all variety of racing series throughout the nation in 2015 and beyond along with the Open Wheel Power Rankings on a regular basis. Please send any comments, questions or advertising inquiries regarding The Wheatley Chronicles at www.sprintcarmania.com to Lonnie Wheatley at firstname.lastname@example.org.