Bayston Leads Midget Power Rankings as POWRi Midget Week Fires Off
The Wheatley Chronicles – Volume IV, No. 20
Lonnie Wheatley, TULSA, Okla. (June 8, 2016) – Indiana Midget Week resulted in a shakeup of the www.midgetmadness.com Midget Power Rankings with Spencer Bayston moving to the top of the charts.
With POWRi’s Illinois Midget Week firing off tonight at “Little Belleville”, Lafayette, Indiana’s Bayston holds a 24-point advantage over Keith Kunz Racing stablemate Tanner Thorson for the number one ranking.
Bayston posted four top-five runs during USAC’s Midget Week including his first series triumph to move to the top ranking.
Bryan Clauson captured the Indiana Midget Week title to climb to third in the Midget Power Rankings with Zach Daum falling out of the lead to fourth after a rough week in Indiana.
Rico Abreu took in all of Indiana Midget Week to climb back up to fifth, giving Keith Kunz Racing three drivers among the top five. Another pair of Kunz drivers are among the top ten as well with Christopher Bell jumping to eighth and Carson Macedo holding on to tenth.
Others in the current top ten include Tyler Thomas in sixth, Andrew Felker in seventh and Justin Peck in ninth.
Along with POWRi’s Illinois Midget Week that runs for five nights through Sunday, other Midget action this week includes a pair of ARDC events in Pennsylvania on Friday and Sunday with the Missouri’s All Star Midgets, BCRA and WMRA all in action on Saturday.
www.midgetmadnees.com Midgets (Top 40 – Through June 5):
Rank – Name, Hometown (Wins) – Points (+/- previous ranking)
- Spencer Bayston, Lafayette IN (2) 274 (+2)
- Tanner Thorson, Minden NV (4) 250
- Bryan Clauson, Noblesville IN (3) 243 (+1)
- Zach Daum, Pocahontas IL 234 (-3)
- Rico Abreu, Rutherford CA (3) 174 (+4)
- Tyler Thomas, Collinsville OK 166 (+1)
- Andrew Felker, Carl Junction MO (2) 141 (-1)
- Christopher Bell, Norman OK (2) 137 (+15)
- Justin Peck, Monrovia IN 136 (-4)
- Carson Macedo, Lemoore CA (1) 132
- Alex Bright, Collegeville PA (3) 118 (-3)
- Shane Golobic, Fremont CA (1) 113 (+1)
- Jerry Coons, Jr., Tucson AZ 99 (+4)
- Kyle Larson, Elk Grove CA (1) 96 (+15)
- Brady Bacon, Broken Arrow OK 92 (+17)
- Tucker Klaasmeyer, Paola KS 89 (-5)
- Austin Brown, Millstadt IL (1) 86 (-5)
- Jason McDougal, Broken Arrow OK (1) 85 (-4)
- Ronnie Gardner, Norco CA (3) 83 (-3)
- Ryan Robinson, Foresthill CA 82 (-1)
- Matt Sherrell, Owasso OK (3) 77 (+1)
- Thomas Meseraull, San Jose CA 73 (-7)
- Chad Boat, Phoenix AZ 71 (+62)
- Michael Faccinto, Hanford CA (1) 65 (+4)
- Brenden Bright, Collegeville PA (2) 62 (-7)
- Dave Darland, Lincoln IN 59 (+28)
- Terry Babb, Decatur IL 58 (-7)
- Tim McCreadie, Watertown NY 58 (-7)
- Shane Cottle, Kokomo IN 55 (-5)
- Brett Arndt, Topton PA (2) 54 (-5)
- Trevor Kobylarz, Birdsboro PA 52 (-5)
- Joey Saldana, Brownsburg IN 50 (-5)
- Steven Shebester, Pauls Valley OK (1) 45 (+2)
- Holly Shelton, Sacramento CA 45 (-4)
- Ryan Greth, Shartlesville PA 44 (+4)
- Jonathan Beason, Broken Arrow OK 41 (+2)
- Kasey Kahne, Enumclaw WA 41 (-6)
- Alex Sewell, Broken Arrow OK 40 (+7)
- Frankie Guerrini, San Rafael CA 39 (-3)
- Kyle Schuett, Urbana IL 35
Features Completed: 51
Number of Different Winners: 31
Number of Drivers to Earn Points: 186
A part of the recurring “The Wheatley Chronicles” series of articles on www.sprintcarmania.com, the Open Wheel Power Rankings are determined by cumulative points based on a sliding scale dependent upon car count at Sprint Car and Midget events across all sanctions and non-sanctions throughout North America.
The Wheatley Chronicles brings insight and highlights from all variety of racing series throughout the nation in 2016 and beyond along with the Open Wheel Power Rankings on a regular basis. Please send any comments, questions or advertising inquiries regarding The Wheatley Chronicles at www.sprintcarmania.com to Lonnie Wheatley at email@example.com.