Daum with Slim Midget Power Rankings Lead Entering Speedweeks
The Wheatley Chronicles – Volume IV, No. 18
Lonnie Wheatley, TULSA, Okla. (May 31, 2016) – With a pair of Speedweeks looming, Zach Daum holds the narrowest of leads over Tanner Thorson in the latest release of the www.midgetmadness.com Midget Power Rankings.
While denied victory lane thus far, “The Dauminator” has racked up a 2016-best nine top-five runs to hold a 4-point edge over Keith Kunz Racing rep Tanner Thorson. Already with three wins this season, Thorson topped the 2015 edition of the www.midgetmadness.com Midget Power Rankings.
Another Kunz shoe holds down third, as Spencer Bayston occupies the position after recently scoring his first win with the team.
With Midget action among “Circular Insanity”, Bryan Clauson has posted three wins to rank fourth with Justin Peck cracking the top five after a pair of top-five runs in the most recent POWRi weekend.
The balance of the current top ten includes Andrew Felker, Tyler Thomas, Alex Bright, Rico Abreu and Carson Macedo.
Just in time for the Posse to “welcome” the World of Outlaws to Central PA, Greg Hodnett has moved to the top of the STIDA Winged 410 Sprint Car Power Rankings.
The Midget Power Rankings will likely be shuffled up with six nights of USAC’s Indiana Midget Week firing off tonight and then five POWRi Illinois Midget Week cards starting next Wednesday. POWRi West, BCRA and USAC Western States are in action as well this weekend.
www.midgetmadnees.com Midgets (Top 40 – Through May 30):
Rank – Name, Hometown (Wins) – Points (+/- previous ranking)
- Zach Daum, Pocahontas IL 208 (+1)
- Tanner Thorson, Minden NV (3) 204 (-1)
- Spencer Bayston, Lafayette IN (1) 185
- Bryan Clauson, Noblesville IN (3) 135
- Justin Peck, Monrovia IN 127 (+3)
- Andrew Felker, Carl Junction MO (2) 124
- Tyler Thomas, Collinsville OK 123 (-2)
- Alex Bright, Collegeville PA (3) 118 (+1)
- Rico Abreu, Rutherford CA (2) 104 (-2)
- Carson Macedo, Leemore CA (1) 97 (+3)
- Tucker Klaasmeyer, Paola KS 89 (-1)
- Austin Brown, Millstadt IL (1) 86
- Shane Golobic, Fremont CA (1) 80 (-2)
- Jason McDougal, Broken Arrow OK (1) 76
- Thomas Meseraull, San Jose CA 73
- Ronnie Gardner, Norco CA (3) 66 (+8)
- Jerry Coons, Jr., Tucson AZ 63 (-1)
- Brenden Bright, Collegeville PA (2) 62 (-1)
- Ryan Robinson, Foresthill CA 60 (+4)
- Terry Babb, Decatur IL 58 (+6)
- Tim McCreadie, Watertown NY 58 (-3)
- Matt Sherrell, Owasso OK (2) 57 (-3)
- Christopher Bell, Norman OK (1) 56 (-3)
- Shane Cottle, Kokomo IN 55 (-3)
- Brett Arndt, Topton PA (2) 54 (+12)
- Trevor Kobylarz, Birdsboro PA 52 (+2)
- Joey Saldana, Brownsburg IN 50 (-5)
- Michael Faccinto, Hanford CA 45 (+8)
- Kyle Larson, Elk Grove CA 44 (-4)
- Holly Shelton, Sacramento CA 42
- Kasey Kahne, Enumclaw WA 41 (-4)
- Brady Bacon, Broken Arrow OK 37 (-3)
- Blake Hahn, Sapulpa OK 35 (-2)
- Riley Kreisel, Warsaw MO (2) 34 (-2)
- Steven Shebester, Pauls Valley OK (1) 34 (-2)
- Frankie Guerrini, San Rafael CA 34 (+20)
- Tim Crawley, Benton AR 34 (-3)
- Jonathan Beason, Broken Arrow OK 34 (-3)
- Ryan Greth, Shartlesville PA 31 (-1)
- Kyle Schuett, Urbana IL 30 (+10)
Features Completed: 43
Number of Different Winners: 28
Number of Drivers to Earn Points: 179
A part of the recurring “The Wheatley Chronicles” series of articles on www.sprintcarmania.com, the Open Wheel Power Rankings are determined by cumulative points based on a sliding scale dependent upon car count at Sprint Car and Midget events across all sanctions and non-sanctions throughout North America.
The Wheatley Chronicles brings insight and highlights from all variety of racing series throughout the nation in 2016 and beyond along with the Open Wheel Power Rankings on a regular basis. Please send any comments, questions or advertising inquiries regarding The Wheatley Chronicles at www.sprintcarmania.com to Lonnie Wheatley at firstname.lastname@example.org.