KT Out to Early Infinity Shocks Power Rankings Lead!
The Wheatley Chronicles – Volume III, No. 12
Lonnie Wheatley, TULSA, Okla. (March 10, 2015) – With the initial “traditional” Sprint Car races of the 2015 season in the books, Alabama native Kevin Thomas, Jr., is out to the early lead in Infinity Shocks Non-Wing 410 Sprint Car Power Rankings.
Following the recent handful of USAC Winter Dirt Games events completed in Florida as well as this past weekend’s USAC/CRA opener at Perris Auto Speedway, “KT” holds the number one ranking by a slim two-point margin over Chase Stockon.
With Thomas, Jr., and Stockon leading the way, reigning Infinity Shocks Non-Wing 410 Power Ranking champ Robert Ballou is another four points back in third after a pair of Florida wins, getting the nod over Dave Darland for the position with his multiple wins.
Remaining events in March that award points towards the Infinity Shocks Non-Wing 410 Sprint Car Power Rankings include the USAC/CRA Copper on Dirt double at Tucson’s USA Raceway on March 20-21 and then Brownstown Speedway’s Annual “No Way Out 40” on March 28.
(Photo courtesy of TeeJay Crawford)
Infinity Shocks Non-Wing 410 Sprint Car Power Rankings – Top 20 (Through March 8):
Rank – Name, Hometown (Wins) – Points
1. Kevin Thomas, Jr., Cullman AL (1) 74
2. Chase Stockon, Sullivan IN 72
3. Robert Ballou, Rocklin CA (2) 68
4. Dave Darland, Lincoln IN (1) 68
5. Brady Bacon, Broken Arrow OK (1) 61
6. Chris Windom, Canton IL 44
7. C.J. Leary, Greenfield IN 41
8. (tie) Justin Grant, Ione CA 40
8. (tie) Jon Stanbrough, Avon IN 40
10. Kyle Cummins, Princeton IN 27
11. Chad Boespflug, Hanford CA 27
12. Tracy Hines, New Castle IN 21
13. Richard Vander Weerd, Visalia CA (1) 20
14. Austin Williams, Yorba Linda CA 17
15. Bryan Clauson, Noblesville IN 17
16. Mike Spencer, Temecula CA 15
17. Carson Short, Marion IL 15
18. Brady Short, Bedford IN 14
19. Damion Gardner, Concord CA 13
20. Matt Mitchell, Yorba Linda CA 11
Features Completed: 6
Number of Different Winners: 5
Number of Drivers to Earn Points: 29
Infinity Shocks is dedicated to meeting your shock needs for all variety of Sprint Car, Midget and Micro Sprint racing. Keep track of Infinity Shocks via the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/infinity.shocks.
The Infinity Shocks Non-Wing 410 Sprint Car Power Rankings are a part of the Open Wheel Power Rankings that also includes STIDA Winged 410s, Rod End Supply Winged 360s, Beaver Stripes Non-Wing 360s, Midgets and 305s presented by Dodge City Raceway Park. Title sponsorships are available for the Midget and 305 Power Rankings.
The Wheatley Chronicles brings insight and highlights from all variety of racing series throughout the nation in 2015 and beyond along with the Open Wheel Power Rankings on a regular basis. Please send any comments, questions or advertising inquiries regarding The Wheatley Chronicles at www.sprintcarmania.com to Lonnie Wheatley at firstname.lastname@example.org.