McMahan Moves atop STIDA Winged 410 Power Rankings!
The Wheatley Chronicles – Volume III, No. 19
Lonnie Wheatley, TULSA, Okla. (March 24, 2015) – Riding a wave of top-five feature runs, Paul McMahan has moved atop the latest edition of the STIDA Winged 410 Sprint Car Power Rankings.
The Elk Grove, CA, native now residing in Nashville, McMahan has already posted ten overall top-five runs this year with the next best top-five total at just seven.
With his consistent strong runs, McMahan holds the STIDA Winged 410 top spot by 29 points over Joey Saldana with Kerry Madsen another 16 points back in third.
Donny Schatz, who has topped the STIDA Winged 410 Power Rankings over each of the last two years, has climbed three positions up to fourth with Shane Stewart making a big move from 12th to fifth over the past two weekends.
The balance of the current top ten includes Danny Lasoski, who was leading in previously released edition of STIDA Winged 410 Power Rankings, along with Brad Sweet, Daryn Pittman, David Gravel and Terry McCarl.
(Photo courtesy of Brent Smith)
STIDA Winged 410 Sprint Car Power Rankings – Top 25 (Through March 22):
Rank – Name, Hometown (Wins) – Points (+/- previous ranking)
- Paul McMahan, Elk Grove CA (1) 202 (+2)
- Joey Saldana, Brownsburg IN 173 (+1)
- Kerry Madsen, St. Marys NSW (3) 157 (+1)
- Donny Schatz, Fargo ND (2) 157 (+3)
- Shane Stewart, Bixby OK (1) 148 (+7)
- Danny Lasoski, Dover MO (1) 141 (-5)
- Brad Sweet, Grass Valley CA (1) 136 (-1)
- Daryn Pittman, Owasso OK (2) 131 (-3)
- David Gravel, Watertown CT 107 (-1)
- Terry McCarl, Altoona IA (1) 91 (+7)
- Greg Hodnett, Thomasville PA (2) 86
- Rico Abreu, Rutherford CA (2) 79 (NR)
- Steve Kinser, Bloomington IN (1) 76 (-4)
- Brian Brown, Grain Valley MO (1) 76 (-4)
- Dale Blaney, Hartford OH 63 (-2)
- Tim Kaeding, San Jose CA (1) 58 (NR)
- Jason Sides, Bartlett TN 58 (-3)
- Kraig Kinser, Bloomington IN 47 (+4)
- Stevie Smith, New Oxford PA 45 (-4)
- Aaron Reutzel, Clute TX (1) 42 (-4)
- Jason Johnson, Eunice LA 37 (+11)
- Chad Kemenah, Alvada OH 32 (-4)
- Craig Dollansky, Elk River MN 32 (+4)
- Roger Crockett, Medford OR 31 (-5)
- Henry Van Dam, Enumclaw WA 31 (-5)
Features Completed: 21
Number of Different Winners: 15
Number of Drivers to Earn Points: 64
Formed in 1998, STIDA (Short Track Independent Drivers and Associates) is an international company serving the safety and insurance needs of drivers competing in any country. Get covered now by calling 1-800-378-4608 or get more information by checking online at www.stida.com.
The STIDA Winged 410 Sprint Car Power Rankings are a part of the Open Wheel Power Rankings that also includes Infinity Shocks Non-Wing 410s, Rod End Supply Winged 360s, Beaver Stripes Non-Wing 360s, Midgets and 305s presented by Dodge City Raceway Park. Title sponsorships are available for the Midget and 305 Power Rankings.
The Wheatley Chronicles brings insight and highlights from all variety of racing series throughout the nation in 2015 and beyond along with the Open Wheel Power Rankings on a regular basis. Please send any comments, questions or advertising inquiries regarding The Wheatley Chronicles at www.sprintcarmania.com to Lonnie Wheatley at firstname.lastname@example.org.