Reutzel Extends Rod End Supply Winged 360 Power Rankings Lead
The Wheatley Chronicles – Volume III, No. 27
Lonnie Wheatley, CHECOTAH, Okla. (April 10, 2015) – Tacking on another pair of early-season wins last weekend, Aaron Reutzel extended his number one advantage in Rod End Supply Winged 360 Sprint Car Power Rankings.
Picking off wins at Wichita Falls, TX, and Cleveland, TX, Reutzel pushed his Rod End Supply Winged 360 Power Rankings lead to 52 points over Danny Martin, Jr., after running his winged 360 win total to five thus far in 2015.
Mark Smith added a Selinsgrove win to close to within ten points of Martin, Jr., for second with Johnny Herrera overtaking Seth Bergman for fourth.
California shoe Justin Sanders climbed three positions in the top ten from ninth to sixth while South Dakota’s Dusty Zomer broke into the top ten.
Danny Lasoski made a big jump from 29th to 12th with a pair of I-80 Speedway Spring Meltdown runner-up finishes while I-80 sweeper Brian Brown cracked the top 25 with his first pair of Winged 360 starts.
Along with Lasoski and Brown, others breaking into the top 25 this past weekend included Marysville winner Colby Wiesz, Josh Baughman.
Rod End Supply Winged 360 Sprint Car Power Rankings – Top 25 (Through April 5):
Rank – Name, Hometown (Wins) – Points (+/- previous ranking)
- Aaron Reutzel, Clute TX (5) 193
- Danny Martin, Jr., Sarasota FL (4) 141
- Mark Smith, Tower City PA (2) 131
- Johnny Herrera, Albuquerque NM 125 (+1)
- Seth Bergman, Snohomish WA (1) 117 (-1)
- Justin Sanders, Prunedale CA (1) 108 (+3)
- Matt Kurtz, Jacksonville FL (3) 97 (-1)
- Brad Loyet, Sunset Hills MO 95 (-1)
- Dusty Zomer, Brandon SD (2) 92 (+2)
- Andy Forsberg, N. Auburn CA (3) 90
- A.J. Maddox, Tampa FL (1) 81 (-3)
- Danny Lasoski, Dover MO (1) 76 (+17)
- Terry McCarl, Altoona IA 69 (-1)
- Jason Sides, Bartlett TN (1) 63 (-1)
- Shane Golobic, Fremont CA (1) 62 (+5)
- Blake Hahn, Sapulpa OK (2) 58 (+1)
- Jeff Swindell, Bartlett TN 58 (-3)
- Colby Wiesz, Colfax CA (1) 57 (+8)
- Sean Becker, Roseville CA 56 (-4)
- Tony Bruce, Jr., Liberal KS 56 (-4)
- Greg Hodnett, Thomasville PA 53 (-3)
- Rick Ziehl, Las Cruces NM (2) 52 (+2)
- Wayne Johnson, Oklahoma City OK 51 (-1)
- Brian Brown, Grain Valley MO (2) 50 (NR)
- Josh Baughman, Odessa TX 50 (+2)
Also in the Top 50: 26. Mark Ruel, Jr. (1) 47, 27. Logan Forler (1) 46, 28. Bradley Terrell (1) 45, 29. John Carney II 43, 30. Ryan Linder 40, 31. Greg Wilson 40, 32. Terry Gray (2) 37, 33. Rico Abreu (1) 37, 34. Gene Lasker 36, 35. Chad Kemenah 34, 36. (tie) Dominic Scelzi and Kevin Ramey 33, 38. Brandon Hanks 38, 39. Tim Crawley 32, 40. Tim Kaeding 32, 41. Matt Covington 30, 42. Jon Agan 29, 43. Mason Moore 29, 44. Matt Peterson 29, 45. Craig Stidham 28, 46. Sam Hafertepe, Jr. 28, 47. Lorne Wofford 27, 48. Keith Butler 26, 49. Tommy Bryant 26, 50. Bob Ream, Jr. 26.
Features Completed: 46
Number of Different Winners: 29
Number of Drivers to Earn Points: 222
The Winged 360 Power Rankings are presented by Rod End Supply, which offers a wide assortment of rod ends, radius rods, and specialty products that fit the needs of anyone involved in all variety of auto racing and performance related industries including farming equipment. More information regarding Rod End Supply is available at www.rodendsupply.com.
The Rod End Supply Winged 360 Sprint Car Power Rankings are a part of the Open Wheel Power Rankings that also includes STIDA Winged 410s, Infinity Shocks Non-Wing 410s, Beaver Stripes Non-Wing 360s, www.Midgetmadness.com Midgets and 305s presented by Dodge City Raceway Park. Title sponsorships is still available for the 305 Power Rankings.
A part of the recurring “The Wheatley Chronicles” series of articles on www.sprintcarmania.com, the Open Wheel Power Rankings are determined by cumulative points based on a sliding scale dependent upon car count at Sprint Car and Midget events across all sanctions and non-sanctions throughout North America.
The Wheatley Chronicles brings insight and highlights from all variety of racing series throughout the nation in 2015 and beyond along with the Open Wheel Power Rankings on a regular basis. Please send any comments, questions or advertising inquiries regarding The Wheatley Chronicles at www.sprintcarmania.com to Lonnie Wheatley at firstname.lastname@example.org.