Reutzel Leads Rod End Supply Winged 360 Power Rankings
The Wheatley Chronicles – Volume III, No. 15
Lonnie Wheatley, TULSA, Okla. (March 19, 2015) – With a hot start to the 2015 season, it’s little surprise that Aaron Reutzel is atop the first release of this year’s Rod End Supply Winged 360 Sprint Car Power Rankings.
With three triumphs to his credit already in the Winged 360 ranks including a Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour triumph at Ocala and a prelim win at East Bay’s “King of 360’s” Nationals, the Clute, TX, racer holds the number one ranking by just four points over Ronald Laney Memorial winner Mark Smith of Tower City, PA.
With Reutzel holding the early edge over Smith, Florida shoe Danny Martin, Jr., is another 20 points back in third with Brad Loyet and Johnny Herrera among the early top five. Also included among the early top ten are Seth Bergman, Matt Kurtz, A.J. Maddox, Terry McCarl and Jason Sides.
Eighteen events have already been completed that awarded points towards the Rod End Supply Winged 360 Sprint Car rankings with another half-dozen still on the docket for this weekend including the ASCS Southwest double at USA Raceway’s Copper on Dirt in Tucson, a Southern Outlaw Sprints double in Mississippi and Alabama, the Civil War lidlifter at Marysville on Friday and Top Gun Sprints at East Bay on Saturday.
Rod End Supply Winged 360 Sprint Car Power Rankings – Top 25 (Through March 15):
Rank – Name, Hometown (Wins) – Points
- Aaron Reutzel, Clute TX (3) 123
- Mark Smith, Tower City PA (1) 119
- Danny Martin, Jr., Sarasota FL (1) 99
- Brad Loyet, Sunset Hills MO 95
- Johnny Herrera, Albuquerque NM 88
- Seth Bergman, Snohomish WA (1) 79
- Matt Kurtz, Jacksonville FL (3) 78
- A.J. Maddox, Tampa FL (1) 70
- Terry McCarl, Altoona IA 69
- Jason Sides, Bartlett TN (1) 63
- Andy Forsberg, North Auburn CA (2) 58
- Jeff Swindell, Bartlett TN 58
- Greg Hodnett, Thomasville PA 53
- Tony Bruce, Jr., Liberal KS 50
- Justin Sanders, Prunedale CA (1) 48
- Greg Wilson, Benton Ridge OH 40
- Sean Becker, Roseville CA 39
- Mark Ruel, Jr., Jacksonville FL (1) 38
- Chad Kemenah, Alvada OH 34
- Rick Ziehl, Las Cruces NM (1) 32
- Tim Kaeding, San Jose CA 32
- Matt Peterson, Sacramento CA 29
- Craig Stidham, Fresno CA 28
- Lorne Wofford, Alamogordo NM 27
- Shane Golobic, Fremont CA 27
Features Completed: 18
Number of Different Winners: 13
Number of Drivers to Earn Points: 91
The Winged 360 Power Rankings are presented by Rod End Supply, which offers a wide assortment of rod ends, radius rods, and specialty products that fit the needs of anyone involved in all variety of auto racing and performance related industries including farming equipment. More information regarding Rod End Supply is available at www.rodendsupply.com.
The Rod End Supply Winged 360 Sprint Car Power Rankings are a part of the Open Wheel Power Rankings that also includes STIDA Winged 410s, Infinity Shocks Non-Wing 410s, Beaver Stripes Non-Wing 360s, Midgets and 305s presented by Dodge City Raceway Park. Title sponsorships are available for the Midget and 305 Power Rankings.
The Wheatley Chronicles brings insight and highlights from all variety of racing series throughout the nation in 2015 and beyond along with the Open Wheel Power Rankings on a regular basis. Please send any comments, questions or advertising inquiries regarding The Wheatley Chronicles at www.sprintcarmania.com to Lonnie Wheatley at email@example.com.
(Photo courtesy of Chris Seelman)