Lasoski Hangs on to STIDA Winged 410 Power Rankings Lead
The Wheatley Chronicles – Volume III, No. 10
Lonnie Wheatley, TULSA, Okla. (March 9, 2015) – The top spot in the STIDA Winged 410 Sprint Car Power Rankings changed hands three times over the past week. (Photo courtesy of Brandon Sutton)
But, when the weekend’s final checkered flag flew at Tucson’s USA Raceway, it was Danny Lasoski escaping with the number one ranking that he took into last week’s Las Vegas double.
While Lasoski held the top spot going into Wednesday’s WoO card at Las Vegas, Paul McMahan vaulted to the top spot on Wednesday night only to surrender the number one ranking to Joey Saldana the following night at Vegas.
After a third-place finish in the Thursday finale at Las Vegas finale, Missouri’s Lasoski posted a fourth-place run at Tucson on Saturday night to recapture the number one ranking by four points over Saldana with McMahan another two points back in third.
Kerry Madsen and Daryn Pittman round out the current top five with the rest of the top ten including Brad Sweet, Donny Schatz, David Gravel, Steve Kinser and Brian Brown.
This past week’s action included three first-time winners for 2015 including Shane Stewart and Terry McCarl at Las Vegas before Brian Brown finished off the weekend with a Saturday night win at Tucson.
Based on all North American events, the third installment of the STIDA Winged 410 Power Rankings is a reflection of the five-race Winter Heat Sprint Car Showdown that opened the year at Cocopah Speedway in Yuma, AZ, along with five nights of All Star action in Florida and all six World of Outlaws events thus far.
This weekend’s World of Outlaws double at Tulare’s Thunderbowl Raceway is next to award points toward the STIDA Winged 410 Sprint Car Power Rankings with Pennsylvania’s Lincoln Speedway to try again to open its season on Saturday.
STIDA Winged 410 Sprint Car Power Rankings – Top 25 (Through March 8):
Rank – Name, Hometown (Wins) – Points
- Danny Lasoski, Dover MO (1) 141
- Joey Saldana, Brownsburg IN 137
- Paul McMahan, Elk Grove CA (1) 135
- Kerry Madsen, St. Mary’s NSW (3) 115
- Daryn Pittman, Owasso OK (2) 100
- Brad Sweet, Grass Valley CA (1) 98
- Donny Schatz, Fargo ND (1) 92
- David Gravel, Watertown CT 77
- Steve Kinser, Bloomington IN (1) 76
- Brian Brown, Grain Valley MO (1) 76
- Greg Hodnett, Thomasville PA (1) 66
- Shane Stewart, Bixby OK (1) 66
- Dale Blaney, Hartford OH 63
- Jason Sides, Bartlett TN 47
- Stevie Smith, New Oxford PA 45
- Aaron Reutzel, Clute TX (1) 42
- Terry McCarl, Altoona IA (1) 36
- Chad Kemenah, Alvada OH 32
- Roger Crockett, Medford OR 31
- Henry Van Dam, Enumclaw WA 31
- Kyle Larson, Elk Grove CA (1) 27
- Kraig Kinser, Bloomington IN 27
- Danny Holtgraver, Pittsburgh PA 26
- Christopher Bell, Norman OK 26
- (tie) Wayne Johnson, Oklahoma City OK 23
- (tie) Tim Shaffer, Aliquippa PA 23
Features Completed: 16
Number of Different Winners: 13
Number of Drivers to Earn Points: 46
Formed in 1998, STIDA (Short Track Independent Drivers and Associates) is an international company serving the safety and insurance needs of drivers competing in any country. Get covered now by calling 1-800-378-4608 or get more information by checking online at www.stida.com.
The STIDA Winged 410 Sprint Car Power Rankings are a part of the Open Wheel Power Rankings that also includes Infinity Shocks Non-Wing 410s, Rod End Supply Winged 360s, Beaver Stripes Non-Wing 360s, Midgets and 305s presented by Dodge City Raceway Park. Title sponsorships are available for the Midget and 305 Power Rankings.
The Wheatley Chronicles brings insight and highlights from all variety of racing series throughout the nation in 2015 and beyond along with the Open Wheel Power Rankings on a regular basis. Please send any comments, questions or advertising inquiries regarding The Wheatley Chronicles at www.sprintcarmania.com to Lonnie Wheatley at firstname.lastname@example.org.